Searching...

French Boutique Hotel: Chateau de Massillan

When I was little, my dad used to say: 'tu resonnes comme un tambour' which basically translated as 'you resonne like a drum or you have pipe-dreams'. I was a day-dreamer....I had so many dreams and plans about what I wanted to do with my life that he thought they would never happen...but over the years, he changed his mind...At 16, I knew I wanted to work in advertising and after my degree, I landed a job in one the top French advertising agencies working on Canon and L'Oreal. I knew London was my home and fifteen years ago I moved there and never looked back, I could carry on about all my past little dreams turned into reality (BODIE and FOU being one of them) but one of my long, unfullfilled dream (...yet) is to have a luxury BODIE and FOU boutique hotel in France so until this day happens, I keep dreaming and getting inspired by what is already out there....
One boutique hotel has been on the BODIE and FOU little black book of chic & inspiring French addresses is the Chateau de Massillan and I thought I had mentioned it before but I havent so here it is....

Chateau de Massillan is located in the South of France, in Provence. It is a fortified castle that was once a hunting lodge for Henry II and Diane de Poitier but recently, it has been beautifully refurbished by Birgit Israel and Peter Wylly, Founders of Babylon Design, and now its interior effortlessly blends 18th-century chaise longues, antique mirrors and Murano chandeliers with contemporary chic.

Chateau de Massillan has 12 rooms all individually designed and decorated by Babylon design Ltd (I can no longer find their website...). The original features are combined with the highest quality modern furniture, antiques, bed linen and specially designed products such as massive limestone sinks. Many of the bathrooms offer a separate bath and shower.

It is a beautiful place and a wonderful setting for a small, romantic wedding or a weekend away and even if owing a boutique hotel is not one of your little dreams, I hope its interior inspired and seduced you. Personnally I love it and I cant wait to take Steve away there for a romantic weekend there....
I hope you all allow your mind to wander creatively... I think it's very important to do so as long as you have two feet firmly grounded into reality and I would love to hear from some of you who had dreams when they were little and made them happen!
One reality that really hit me today is that I'm 39! So I'm going to leave the Blog and get ready for a lovely lunch with some good friends. Have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!