Searching...

Bringing Africa to France

I was really seduced by the colours and style of this kitchen. It is very different from I would go for my own interiors but at a weekend retreat (which is what it is), I think it works wonder and I admired Carole's vision for doing so. Her kitchen, in fact the whole house..... looks wonderful, inviting and relaxing. I love the turquoise door against the soft pink of the walls and the little touches of blue given by the broom, the kitchen clothes and ceramic bowl...

Carole, the owner, lived in Cameroon for a while and one can really the influences of african old village houses in her house in France, which makes it so special, simple and relaxing.

The spare room is in an old barn...doesn't this look absolutely gorgeous!! Look at the space, the light and they found the bed in the attic! It's such a wonderful find! I could seee myself spending summer nights there and lying until breakfast time
And look at the children's room....

I can already imagine a bunch of brothers, sisters, cousins and friends running around and have the time of their lives there...To divide the space, they've used African fabrics and bamboo partitions. Carole said that although they love contemporary furniture, they are often very expensive or they went for a more chillout look using vintage furniture found at flea-markets or given by relatives and of course little treasures brought back from their travels.


I also love the bathroom, the bathtub was given to them by Dominique's family (Carole's husband) and they sourced the antique iron radiator...They painted the walls with a light blue grey, and add a plastic rug from Morocco and a very old mirror that looks like it has been there forever...
Great house!
Pictures from Marie Claire Maison

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!