Searching...

♥ NORM Architects/RAFT collection

I have already mentioned my love for the work of Kasper Rønn and Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen from NORM Architects when I posted about the Fredensborg home, this gorgeous Copenhagen penthouse and recently about the beautiful MILK lamp they designed for &Tradition.
Well, as we say in France..."Quand on n'aime on ne compte pas" (when we love we don't count), so here is a sneak peek of our 2012 collection with the RAFT collection they also designed for &Tradition.
The RAFT collection was inspired by the contrasting surfaces of corroded wood ageing and industrial metal structures often found in docks or shipyards except that the boys have taken a modern Scandinavian approach to create a collection of stools and tables that combine simplistic purity with a discreetly aged look.
I love that type of ageing wood, don't you? 
Sometimes a simple, old piece of wood can make a beautiful decorative object, same with rusty things. A while back, Steve found a big old shackle (just learnt a new English word today!) and the piece was so rusty that it makes a really pretty decorative piece on my bookshelf. Anyway...I love the stools especially the contrast of brass and sandblasted wood on the barstool version.
Have a great Sunday, I'm off chez le Swedish to get more picture frames for these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!