Searching...

La tropezienne bag is mine

Yesterday in cultural differences, I mentioned the 'petits changements' (small changes) I'm making to be a 'good' partner rather than a total geek the head down on my laptop...
Sometimes I feel like an ex-addict and I should really set up a support group for ALA (Anonymous Laptop Addicted or is it Laptop Addicted Anonymous??) which I would attend religiously each week to get over my blogging/twittering/facebook impulses but yesterday I didn't attend the ALA meeting and I happily twittered away which took me on the most amazing journey of discovery...
So I went from here, to here and then here and then I totally forgot what happened next but somehow I ended up here and hello mama!!!....I fell in love with.....

La Tropezienne bag (soon to be on my getting there tanned arm) designed by Clare Guerrerro Vivier, a great girl I spoke to last night who lives in LA and he is married to a French guy.
Clare designs some very sexy foldover clutches but after doing a trunk show at Taylor De Cordoba, she got an email from Adriana Caras, who used to have her own shoe/bag line and had a lot of Italian hardware and leather left over.
She asked, if she would like to come take a look at it so Clare went to meet her at her storage place in a squat, seedy bldg in West Hollywood which nonetheless serves as the office bldg for fabulous-fille Alexandra von Furstenberg and find this beautiful eco-tanned leather swatch.

This stunning bag made it to so many blogs (see here and here and here and I will stop there...) that Clare quickly ran out of leather to make enough bags. Luckily I managed to get one of the last ones and I'm super hyper excited. I was on a high last night after speaking to her but given the success, she went back to Mrs Caras who managed to put her in touch with a company that had some left over so La Tropezienne bag is back but not for long.
If you want one, email Clare now at clare@seevivier.com or enjoy her blog here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!