Searching...

New Danish Modern Part 1

Normann Copenhagen is finally launching a furniture range and once again, the company has set new standards in the world of design and managed to combine years of traditional craftmanships with modern, contemporary lines with their new range: New Danish Modern.

If you haven't seen the range yet, it is courageous, quirky, different and out there and it looks just amazing but it's not just about that. This is a very high quality range made locally by Danish craftsmen with beautiful finish and attention to detail.


I love the PLAY series designed by Jesper K Thomsen and my favourite piece is the Play Soapbox cart (see left picture)...How cool is this!!!??? I wish I had a soapbox cart like this when I was a kid



Designer Jesper K. Thomsen explains: 'Children's furniture must be for children, rather than small copies of adult furniture. I have designed a series for both boys and girls that has a humorous approach. The soapbox cart is an icon for play and creation, making it a natural source of inspiration for me when designing the PLAY series. The soapbox cart is usually built in the garage by adults and children together....that is the emotion I want to portray in the furniture series.'
The whole range is beautifully handmade by a local carpenter in Denmark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!