Searching...

Inspiring stylism by Pia Jane Bijkerk

I will start by my deepest apologies to all the talented photo stylists out there but I have to be honest, I never really appreciated how much the vision and style of a stylist had on a photoshoot until I watched Michael Paul shooting our home in France. Paul is one of these rare photographers who take amazing images but also know how to enhance a room and a shot by styling them. I'm hugely grateful for all the amazing photos he took of our home and which ended in magazines all around the world and for sharing his tips with me.
Since then, I have developed a passion for photo stylism. I had a little go at it when Francois shot our lounge and I will do it again when our London home is shot at the beginning of June for Heart Home magazine but I have a long way to go before achieving the style of Pia Jane Bijkerk and that's fine. I'm happy to enjoy the learning process and be inspired by talented people like her.
Pia creates visual poetry, her stylism is magical, feminine and creative and below are photos of some of the bookstores she styled in Australia for the launch of her new book My Heart Wanders. Enjoy!





(C) Pia Jane Bijkerk
Je commencerais par offrir mes plus plates excuses a tous les stylistes photos de talent mais pour etre honnete, je pense que je n'avais jamais realise a quel point l'oeil, la vision d'un styliste de photo comptaient sur un photoshoot jusqu'a ce que je regarde Michael Paul photographie notre maison en France. Paul est un de ces rares photographes qui prend des photos superbes mais qui aussi sait comment rendre une piece, une photo encore plus belle en bougeant quelques objets et je suis tres reconnaissante de toutes les photos magnifiques qu'il a prise de notre maison qui a fini dans de nombreux magazines dans le monde entier mais aussi d'avoir partager avec moi quelques uns de ces tuyaux.
Depuis, j'ai developpe une passion pour le stylisme photographique. Je m'y suis un peu essaye lorsque Francois a photographie notre salon et de nouveau lorsque notre maison de Londres sera photographie par le magazine Heart Home magazine mais j'ai un sacre bout de chemin avant d'arriver a la cheville de Pia Jane Bijkerk et it's ok. Pour l'instant, je savoure ces moments ou j'apprends quelque chose de nouveau et ou je continue a etre inspiree par des gens talentueux comme elle.
Pia cree de la poesie visuelle, son stylisme est magique, feminin et creatif. Dessous, se trouvent quelques photos des magasins de livres dont elle a decore les devantures pour le lancement de son nouveau livre My Heart Wanders en Australie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!